Samsung ML-6040 is one of the recommended workgroup printer launched by Samsung to accommodate the increasing demands of great workgroup printers. The printing technology used by this printer is monochrome laser. The power consumption is remarkably low for a workgroup laser printer, with only 300 watts during operation and 30 watts during standby mode. The speed, however, is pretty standard, with 12 pages per minute for A4 paper. It may be too slow for offices with high productivity.
As for the interface, Samsung ML-6040 comes with standard USB port and parallel to live up its function as a workgroup printer by ensuring the accessibility to multiple computers at the same time. The maximum resolution is pretty standard for a laser printer, with 600 x 600 dpi. It is compatible with various operating systems, such as Linux, Mac OS, and Windows (95 and up). The total media capacity is not too large nor too small, with 270 sheets.
You might also like: Samsung ML-5521ND Mono Laser Printer
The sound emission of Samsung ML-6040 can be considered pretty low, with only 47 dB noise level during operation. This is surely a great news for late night workers as it will not disturb other people. The monthly duty cycle is also pretty standard, with 20,000 pages per month.
Samsung ML-6040 System Requirements and Compatibility:
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/ Mac OS Sierra 10.12 / Linux.
Free Download Driver and Software Samsung ML-6040 for Microsoft Windows & Macintosh:
Operating System(s): (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP64/2000/Me)
- Samsung ML-6040 Windows Printer Driver ⟹ Download (40.15 MB)
Operating System(s): Mac OS X 10.9 ~ Mac OS X 10.5
- Samsung ML-6040 Mac Printer Driver ⟹ Download (8.49 MB)
Operating System(s): Linux
- Samsung ML-6040 Linux Printer Driver ⟹ Download (15.44 MB)
You might also like: Samsung ML-5512ND Color Laser Printer
Samsung ML-6040 Driver Installation Steps:
- Find the Samsung ML-6040 driver that is compatible with your device’s OS and download it
- On your device, look for the Samsung ML-6040 driver, click on it twice
- Wait until installation process is complete
Samsung ML-6040 Uninstallation Steps:
- Locate the Windows button on your device. Look up “Control Panel”, click on it
- Press on the “Uninstall a Program” button
- Locate the Samsung ML-6040 driver. Press on the “Uninstall” button
- Wait until the process is done and click “Finish”